The addition of Absolute Classic Rock to the Ayr local DAB multiplex has been short lived, as it has now been confirmed that Country Hits Radio has taken over the space. This is despite a large amount of empty space available for stations to broadcast in, on the Ayr multiplex.
Meanwhile, KCFM has migrated from the Lincolnshire DAB multiplex to the Humberside DAB multiplex. Whilst this does mean that the stations DAB coverage better matches that of its FM coverage, many listeners have lost access to KCFM. The station has also dropped from stereo to mono, due to the lack of space available on the Humberside DAB multiplex. The Lincolnshire multiplex now only broadcasts BBC Radio Lincolnshire, Compass FM, Lincs FM, and Radio Newark.
As reported earlier, Bauer Media have acquired both the Lincs FM Group and Celador Radio. Here are further details of the stations acquired.
The following stations have been acquired with the Celador Radio portfolio:
- The Breeze (Andover)
- The Breeze (Bristol)
- The Breeze (Basingstoke & North Hampshire)
- The Breeze (Bath)
- The Breeze (Bridgwater & West Somerset)
- The Breeze (Cheltenham & North Gloucestershire)
- The Breeze (East Hampshire & South West Surrey)
- The Breeze (Frome & West Wiltshire)
- The Breeze (Newbury)
- The Breeze (North Dorset)
- The Breeze (North Somerset)
- The Breeze (Reading)
- The Breeze (South Devon)
- The Breeze (Yeovil & South Somerset)
- The Breeze (Winchester, Portsmouth, and Southampton)
- Sam FM (Bristol)
- Sam FM (Swindon)
- Sam FM (South Coast)
- Sam FM (Thames Valley – DAB)
- Dream 100 FM (Colchester)
- Town DAB (Ipswich – DAB)
- The Beach (Norfolk)
- North Norfolk Radio (Norfolk)
- Radio Norwich 99.9 (Norwich)
- Fire Radio (Bournemouth and Poole)
The following stations have been acquired as part of the Lincs FM Group:
- Lincs FM (Lincolnshire & Newark)
- Compass FM (North East Lincolnshire)
- Trax FM (Doncaster & Bassetlaw)
- Dearne FM (Barnsley, Penistone and the Dearne Valley)
- Rutland Radio (Stamford & Rutland)
- Ridings FM (the Wakefield district)
- Rother FM (Rotherham)
- Suffolk First (Suffolk – DAB)
- KCFM (Hull)
Some stations are to be sold on immediately to Nation Broadcasting, to avoid competition issues. These are KCFM in Hull, and The Breeze (Winchester, Portsmouth, and Southampton) and Sam FM South Coast in the Solent region.
It is yet to be announced what changes will take place at any of these stations, although it is likely that Bauer will merge several into their Hits Radio and Greatest Hits Radio brands.
Nation Broadcasting are yet to reveal what changes they will make to their new additions, but haven’t ruled out an expansion of the Nation Radio brand.